Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Broken Red Wing crock :(

This did not take much work, but wanted to share the story. Our his sits in kind of a swampy area. We bought our home 1 year ago this week! In one spot there is a lot of old wood and rusty junk and it used to be the previous owners old junk pile. Believe me, I've sorted through this pile a few times looking for goodies. But it really is mostly junk.
So... I saw this before and never did anything about it. But now my CREATIVE side decided to do something with it! In the back, grown over with weeds, was an old crock. I went up to it - cringing - because it sure looked like a Red Wing that was broken to pieces. It was. So sad! It was sitting upright, but there were pieces piled up inside and out. I looked a little closer and tried to piece the pieces together and they fit!


I felt so bad for this girl that I hauled her back home to give her a good cleaning.



I sprayed her out, scrubbed her with some Dawn and let her dry outside.

Then I brought her in and opened up a new bottle of Instant Krazy Glue. I first did a few googles on what I should use on pottery. Some people were saying they were using some special pottery glue from this internet website - but I'm wayyy too impatient for that. I wanted to glue it that night.

The package on the glue said pottery. So I used it. I knew, even though she'd have a few scars, she'd be beautiful on my deck and used as a big planter! So excited!


Can't you picture some big red begonias pouring out of this 12 gallon crock?

Cost of this project... Free. Free broken crock. Krazy glue I had. But now I have a new, huge planter!

I'm kind of scaring myself with the attachment I feel to some of my projects... I am starting to call things "him" and "her".

No comments:

Post a Comment