Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hello world!

Well, here I go... I've officially joined the blogging world.

An introduction:
My name is Alicia. I am married to a tall, dark and handsome man named Nate. We have 2 sweet but active boys - Cole (5) and Jack (3).

For the past 25 years (or... my entire life) - I haven't been that crafty. I was a tomboy and would rather catch snakes outside for $1.25/snake than watch my mom sew inside. Then I got older and it wasn't cool. Then I went to college... Got married... Started working full-time... And had 2 kids 2.5 years apart. My main goal each day was to keep the house somewhat clean and get out the door in time for work.

So about 1 month ago I got this urge to do something crafty. But I realized it wasn't just that I had a temporary urge. I was hooked! Unbelievably, my creative side was trying to EMERGE! I stayed up 'til all hours of the night just browsing through DIY blogs that I didn't even know they existed! A whole new world opened up that night.

My main point of this blog is to share with you some uber cute stuff that I find on other blogs and try myself. I am not quite to the point of doing my own crafts - I always need to steal good ideas. I also am learning to use my Pfaff sewing machine. The first time I used it about 4 weeks ago, I honestly didn't know where the bobbin was. No joke. So it's a learning process for me and I'm loving every project I do!

And... of course... as my blog title reads... I brake for garage sales! I love them. Thanks, mom, for hauling me around with my $5 allowance to every garage sale in town when I was younger. It planted a seed and is now an obsession. The garage sale season in MN is just starting! I love to see and share all the good finds from them. I get very jealous of other people's finds. And when I say garage sales - I also mean yard sales, thrift stores, estate sales, auctions - anything!

When you mix DIY blogs and re-purposing things AND garage sales - you have a potent mix! YAYYYYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment