Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Barn Stars out of Oven Roaster pans! El-cheapo!!

So I stumbled upon this blog idea by a very smart lady at Choose to Thrive.
She's genius.
I, along with everyone else it seems, love those barn stars. They give me a warm, country feel. But when I'd walk up to them and glance at those price tags - I'd shudder. I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money! So I went to my local overstock warehouse type store and bought some oven roasters for 69 cents each. (Did I mention this was el-cheapo??)

Her tutorial is great!
And here are my results...


I had a very boring space above this railing in our house. I had no idea what to do up there and didn't really want to fill it up with dust collectors. I like them - for now!



I actually painted them the with the wall color paint I used for the wall below. I think it matched pretty well!
This red paint liked to kind of fleck off a little easier.
But that was okay with me, because it gave it a more vintage feel.



Thanks for reading! Head over to her blog!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. heck. I LOVE the star parings on your wall. I've been looking for ideas for my living room re-do and this would work perfectly! So copying your look on this one (and thanks so much for the feature and shout-out!) I just added this to my Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete