Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sewing Desk Makeover/Re-Do! Try #2...

About 2 months ago when I bought my Pfaff, I inherited an old sewing desk that came with it.
At first I had no idea what to do with it. This was before my hours of blog browsing! Then I realized what I could try to do with the sewing desk, and the fun started!

Here is the desk before:
                          

Then I painted it off-white.
I also had this type of glaze that I tried.
In the end, it turned out like this:


It was okay, but I wasn't crazy over it. It just didn't look like the right distressed glazed look like the other super-creative girls out there did.
But I wasn't using the right glaze anyways!
So when my 3 year old took a sharpie marker to the top... I didn't get that mad.
It made me try something else...


Distressed blue. I actually mixed a darker blue with a green. Mistints from the Benjamin Moore shop in town, of course! Freeeeeeeeeee!


Something was verrrry interesting.


This is a candle mat and candle I've made for one of my son's teachers for the end of school.
I should actually be making another one right now so I need to stop blogging.



And to finish it off.

And there is my robin egg blue sewing desk!
Should I keep it this way? Or try something else?
Thanks for looking!

Linking here:

5 comments:

  1. i am so with you- love the robin egg blue! it's gorgeous and so sweet with the lines of that table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! Your comments mean a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love that colors. What a cool idea for a blog, I love garage sale season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alicia, your desk looks GREAT, good job on the makeover. I love to thrift too. Thanks for sharing your resourceful ideas and following my blog. Merry Christmas! ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete