Monday, May 16, 2011

A Few Garage Sale Finds this Weekend

This past weekend in MN was fishing opener! Yay!
It also means that everyone and their dogs were out garage sailing OR having a garage sale.
In the past, I've found you don't find lots of goodies due to your large competition, but you can find some.
Here are a few of mine...
This grey corduroy chair was a little odd - but SO comfy! It folds up real nice too. It was $5. I debated. Waste of space, or worth it? I decided I didn't have a good chair in the boys' room so it was coming home. This is the ultimate read-and-watch-the-sunset chair. So cozy. And I have a love of curduroy.
Do you see my butt imprints?

 These BabyGap shoes were $3. A little more than I'd spend on a pair of shoes for the boys. So I went to go find them to take a picture... And here they were. One minute - nice and clean. Next minute - full of dirt. Story of my life.
Disney Sully costume!! $1?!?! I'll take it!
 And this is why I'll take it!
 Bad picture. But huge grapevine wreath for the house. $1? I'll take it again!
Bike w/ training wheels for my 3 year old? Just needs new tire. $2? Take it a third time! I've been searching for one!
And this beauty... I can't believe I even looked at this and debated. It was $5. Beautiful porch swing. Aged and everything. I just couldn't figure out where we'd put it. I, unfortunately, don't have a beautiful wrap around porch yet like I dream about each night. But my husband helped me make it work and hang on the deck. We didn't have a place to sit before - and now we do!
When I bought this, an older lady said to me that her grandkids used to call it grandma's swing because that is where she would sit with them and read them books in the summer. Now that's cool. :)

Unless you are a fisherwoman, you may not get this. I was pumped. First - I asked the lady how much the tackle box was. She said $2. I said sold. It had all sorts of great stuff in it! New lures, lots of bobbers, weights, line, leaders, etc! Then I found this pair of antlers - it was an 8 pointer and there was still some hair attached. I know. Gross. But $3? You can make antler lamps and all sorts of cool outdoorsy things with those! Totally worth $3. The hubby was like - WHERE did you get these?!
 This I also debated on. It was a full big cardboard box of scraps. Old sewing fabric. For $1. I couldn't decide if I was bringing home junk or if I could use it. I bit the bullet and bought it. And it was super fun to go through when I got home - so that alone was worth $1.
The picture is after I cleaned it out some. Lots of spools of thread, knitting needles, crochet hooks, tons of 2" pre-cut fabric squares that were going to be used for a quilt... But it never happened.
What sold me was the doll fabric.... So cute and vintage!
 Above are a few of my favorites.
 Love. But what will I use it for?
 Here is another close up of the paper doll fabric. But what will I use THIS for?!
 A cute little iron plant hanger. Always wanted one. $2.
Could use another liner thing but that shouldn't cost too much.
 I don't normally like stuff like this - and $3 was a little steep normally for el-cheapo me... But I really liked it. It hangs by my patio door where nothing was and I love the bright green and yellow. It's enough color to see it when you drive up to the house.
And, finally, this little rooster. $1. My husband laughed at this. I think it goes darling in my kitchen. The red head matches the wall. The green body matches this frame I have. (Pictured behind.)

 
Of course I got other fun things. But if I listed everything I got... I'd have many very long posts. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment